Friday, November 14, 2008

UNIV

I think the University should seriously consider changing the name of UNIV100 to BS100. Almost nothing productive comes out of that class yet, I still get an unnecessary amount of work for it. Officially I am an undecided engineer, so I was required to take UNIV100 within the School of Engineering. The one productive aspect of UNIV100 is that our teacher arranges representatives from all the different departments to come in and speak with our class. In a sense, they are recruiting us, trying to convince us to come into their field. 

Besides the presentations by the departments which takes only 3 classes for all the departments to present. Nothing has come out of that class for me except for one to many zero's. I have never been a proponent of busy work and if I don't see the point behind the work I'm doing, I can't stay motivated to actually do it. Call me lazy, (I am) but I think 90% of the work done in that class is there just to have some kinds of scores in the grade book. 

Then I found out that I got a zero for something I had done. The teacher lost a homework assignment where we had to write down comments about each department and questions to ask there representative. This was actually something that made sense so I did it. And then I didn't even get credit for it. All this proves is that the teacher doesn't even care about the class. I currently have a C in that class, and it will likely stay that way. Not that I really care that much.

No comments: